The Board of Management manages the school on behalf of the patron and is accountable to the patron and the Minister. The Board must uphold the characteristic spirit (ethos) of the school and is accountable to the patron for so doing. The principal is responsible for the day-to-day management of the school, including providing guidance and direction to the teachers and other staff of the school and is accountable to the Board for that management.
The Board is made up of eight people with representatives of the patron, the parent body, the teachers and the wider community. An election process is conducted every four years.
The appointment of teachers and other staff is the duty of the Board.
The Board is responsible for the day to day management of the school including heating, cleaning and maintenance of the building. The Board is also responsible for ensuring that the finances necessary for the running of the school are available.
The present Board’s term of office will conclude in November 2015.
The Members of the Board of Management are:
- Chairperson: John Stapleton elected from the parent body on behalf of the patron.
- Treasurer: Samantha Mullaney, elected from the parent body.
- Principal: Elizabeth McKennedy
- Teacher: Eleanor McMullen
- Member: Philip Coffey, elected from the parent body on behalf of the patron.
- Member: Gillian O’Sullivan, elected from the parent body.
- Member: Cathal O’Connell, co-opted from the wider community.
- Kieran Creedon, co-opted from the wider community.
The Board operates as a corporate body, not as a group where individuals represent particular sections of the school community.